Welcome.

Welcome to the Willow Knits blog.

I'm Anne and I'll be using this blog to let you know what is happening with Willow Knits during the year.

I'll include which Farmers' Markets and shows I'm going to be at, what I'm working on and general news and events plus a little about myself.

If you want to buy one of the scarves or some of the yarn featured, just look in our etsy shop (to the right of the page) or contact me and I'll reserve it for you.











Sunday 3 January 2010

On the Needles

I can't just stick to one project at a time - It's always exiting to see how a new yarn or pattern will work out and always a bit of an effort to finish off. Here's what I'm working on at the moment:


Firstly, I'm often asked to make some scarves that would appeal to men - always difficult as I don't think men should just be confined to choosing between green, brown, black and navy blue - and this is one of my first efforts. I admit that it is green and black, but I think the space-dyed yarn and the checkerboard pattern make it a lot more appealing.






Secondly, I'm making a lace scarf in a fine shetland yarn from Jamieson & Smith - I sold a lot of these in my Etsy shop before Christmas and am taking the opportunity to re-stock while I have some quiet time. I've got mainly pink and blue yarn in stock, plus a little lemon, but have ordered some other colors which should be arriving next week.




Finally, a new color of fluffy yarn for my Farmers' Markets stall.

No comments:

Post a Comment