Welcome.

Welcome to the Willow Knits blog.

I'm Anne and I'll be using this blog to let you know what is happening with Willow Knits during the year.

I'll include which Farmers' Markets and shows I'm going to be at, what I'm working on and general news and events plus a little about myself.

If you want to buy one of the scarves or some of the yarn featured, just look in our etsy shop (to the right of the page) or contact me and I'll reserve it for you.











Saturday 23 January 2010

Another busy week

Another week has gone by so quickly - the yarn I dyed is all dried now and is being knitted up. A couple of scarves have come back from the knitters in "sapphire sea" and "spruce green" and I'm really pleased with them. Someone told me once that it was very difficult to get darker colours to "take" on silk, but so far I haven't found it to be such a problem.

The "sapphire" has come out really deep and the "spruce" is a lovely mix of varying shades of the same green. I'll have them ready for my customers at Harpenden Farmers' market tomorrow and it will be interesting to hear what people think of them.

Wheathampstead last week was quite quiet, but I did break even on the day, so not too bad.

The weather recently has been a bit too grey to take good pictures, so I'll get the camera out when we see some sun again!

No comments:

Post a Comment