Welcome.

Welcome to the Willow Knits blog.

I'm Anne and I'll be using this blog to let you know what is happening with Willow Knits during the year.

I'll include which Farmers' Markets and shows I'm going to be at, what I'm working on and general news and events plus a little about myself.

If you want to buy one of the scarves or some of the yarn featured, just look in our etsy shop (to the right of the page) or contact me and I'll reserve it for you.











Saturday 30 January 2010

New colours



We woke up to a bright morning today, with a dusting of snow on the ground - perfect weather for taking some pictures of my new scarves.




Here are two of the silks, "spruce" on the left and "sapphire sea" on the right. "Spruce" has photographed more yellow toned than it is - in reality it is slightly darker and more shades of bottle/pine green, but "sapphire sea" is just right.


I tried getting a picture of my cranberry red shade, but it just wouldn't come out anywhere near the true colour, so I'll have to wait until I can get outside with the camera.

I've also just finished this scarf in a wonderful new yarn from wolles yarn creations (available in etsy) - it is a cotton yarn that graduates from one shade to the next, so the finished article looks as if it has been dip dyed. I've got another to do in silver-purple and am awaiting a parcel with some more. I'm planning to make them a feature of my Farmers' markets stall in the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment