Welcome.

Welcome to the Willow Knits blog.

I'm Anne and I'll be using this blog to let you know what is happening with Willow Knits during the year.

I'll include which Farmers' Markets and shows I'm going to be at, what I'm working on and general news and events plus a little about myself.

If you want to buy one of the scarves or some of the yarn featured, just look in our etsy shop (to the right of the page) or contact me and I'll reserve it for you.











Thursday 1 September 2011

Autumn Starts!

There were no posts during August as I was taking a bit of time off, but now September is here, I'm back from my holidays and getting ready for autumn-winter 2011-12!




I've been accepted into fibreholics - I'm so pleased - and will be included in their next round - due to go out on September 7th I think. I've sent some aran silk and some DK silk and hope people will like it. I've added some DK weight silk to my etsy shop (pictures below) and to Ravelry and have some more ready to dye. Let's hope I'm rushed off my feet with orders!




Seas of Green DK Silk








Leaf Green DK Silk





















Fall Garden DK Silk








Sadly my suppliers are having problems getting the aran weight silk, so I may not be able to continue with it, but I'm hoping that they will be able to resolve things. The only other alternative seems to be to import it directly and I really can't afford to buy 200kg at one go! Plus imagine having to go and pick it up from Felixstowe or wherever it would arrive - it certaintly wouldn't fit in my Nissan Micra!


My first Farmers' market of the new season is on September 11th at St. Alban's and then I'll be at Wheathampstead on the 18th and Harpendend on the 25th. I'm hoping people will start shopping (very) early for Christmas!




















No comments:

Post a Comment