Welcome.

Welcome to the Willow Knits blog.

I'm Anne and I'll be using this blog to let you know what is happening with Willow Knits during the year.

I'll include which Farmers' Markets and shows I'm going to be at, what I'm working on and general news and events plus a little about myself.

If you want to buy one of the scarves or some of the yarn featured, just look in our etsy shop (to the right of the page) or contact me and I'll reserve it for you.











Sunday 4 September 2011

Enfield Show - A busy Weekend

We're having the last gasp of summer weather here, with a lovely warm dayyesterday for our annual town show. I entered some classes of the baking competition and am pleased to have won some prizes (first in bread, fruit cake, sausage rolls and cookies and a third in jam tarts) - all we have to do now now is take the entries home and eat them!

I'm also on the home straight with my Open University maths studies for this year, but it is getting a bit difficult! I've been trying to work through the unit about applying complex numbers to fluid flows, but I'm just not getting it! I think I'll have to give up on that for the time being and wait for the tutorial - often when someone explains the topic, it is just so much more straightforward than when I've been trying to work it out for myself. In the meantime I'll go onto the next topic and try to get ahead with that. I've got the exam in October and it will be relief to get it done, although in post-exam euphoria I'll probably sign up for another course!

Knitting wise, I'm trying to finish an alpaca & silk lace weight stole that I started ages ago, so I cam get it in the shop for Christmas orders, plus I have got half way through a bamboo shawl, but think the colors don't look right, so I will have to undo it, wash the yarn to get the kinks out and start again. Oh Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment