Welcome.

Welcome to the Willow Knits blog.

I'm Anne and I'll be using this blog to let you know what is happening with Willow Knits during the year.

I'll include which Farmers' Markets and shows I'm going to be at, what I'm working on and general news and events plus a little about myself.

If you want to buy one of the scarves or some of the yarn featured, just look in our etsy shop (to the right of the page) or contact me and I'll reserve it for you.











Sunday 11 September 2011

St Alban's Market

Just got back from St Alban's Farmers' Market - we were so lucky with the weather - the forecast showers held off and, although it was quite windy, the market was busy and we had a successful morning in bright sunshine.

Several regular customers stopped by and after a fairly quiet start, sales picked up and we were busier than we were in September last year.

I'm at Wheathampstead next week, which has been pretty quiet so far this year - let's hope the wallets come out and people start shopping (very) early for Christmas!

I bought some lovely handspun yarn in the summer and I couldn't resist making it up - in spite of having a huge stash of yarn to knit up! I made a garter stitch scarflette "on the diagonal" with one 100g skein and am nearly finished another in a "squares" pattern. Pictures to follow.

Finally - I have been published! Not as grand as it sounds - I was a runner up in a "design a scarf" competition run by "Knitting" magazine and they have published all the winning and runner-up entries in a new book. It's called "Scarves" and is published by gmc books (www.gmcbooks.com) I do get a namecheck as the designer though, so I am thrilled!

No comments:

Post a Comment