Welcome.

Welcome to the Willow Knits blog.

I'm Anne and I'll be using this blog to let you know what is happening with Willow Knits during the year.

I'll include which Farmers' Markets and shows I'm going to be at, what I'm working on and general news and events plus a little about myself.

If you want to buy one of the scarves or some of the yarn featured, just look in our etsy shop (to the right of the page) or contact me and I'll reserve it for you.











Saturday 8 October 2011

Into Autumn



After the mini-heatwave at the begining of the month, Autumn is certainly here!


I was at Harpenden Farmetrs' market at the end of September and it was so warm! I put out my hats and of course didn't sell any, plus I had to put the air conditioning on in the car on the way home!


What a contrast now - I'm at St. Alban's tomorrow and it's time to dig out the fleece to wear, plus I need to sort out my winter-weight scarves to sell. I'm hoping that people will start to think about christmas gifts now the weather has turned.


I've made a few more squares scarflettes and put them in my etsy shop - I'm very pleased with how they have turned out and I'll try and get some done for the markets too. I've added a picture of one I made in a handspun yarn, which is particularly soft.

I went to the Knitting and Stitching show at Alexandra Palace earlier this week (always a great day out) and bought some Colinette yarn (prism), that I think will look good in this design. in my spare moments I'll have to get started!

I've got my OU exam on Tuesday, so at the moment I've just got my nose in my books - it'll be relief when it's over and I can concentrate on my knitting (plus some housework - a very poor second choice of course!)

No comments:

Post a Comment