Welcome.

Welcome to the Willow Knits blog.

I'm Anne and I'll be using this blog to let you know what is happening with Willow Knits during the year.

I'll include which Farmers' Markets and shows I'm going to be at, what I'm working on and general news and events plus a little about myself.

If you want to buy one of the scarves or some of the yarn featured, just look in our etsy shop (to the right of the page) or contact me and I'll reserve it for you.











Wednesday 4 July 2012

July update

I'm still working hard and getting ready for Fibre East. I've finished dyeing now and am very pleased with the final batch of "mixed blues" that is now dry and ready to be re-skeined and labelled. I've decided to call it "cornflowers".

All the labelling and re-skeining is taking a long time, but I've still got about 10 days to go and I can sort of watch the tennis while I'm doing it!

I've got a day off on Saturday to go to Birmingham for the Knitting & Crochet Guild AGM - it's an early start, but I enjoy the train journey and of course, I'll be taking some knitting with me to be getting on with. The day starts at 11.30 with a "show and tell" session, where members can show off their projects. I'm taking a scarf worked on the diagonal with self-striping yarn. It's an interesting technique and the yarn makes for an effective pattern.

On Sunday I'm at St Alban's farmers market - hoping for a rain-free day, which may be a tall order this summer, a busy morning and an early finish so I can get home and watch the tennis final!

No comments:

Post a Comment