Welcome.

Welcome to the Willow Knits blog.

I'm Anne and I'll be using this blog to let you know what is happening with Willow Knits during the year.

I'll include which Farmers' Markets and shows I'm going to be at, what I'm working on and general news and events plus a little about myself.

If you want to buy one of the scarves or some of the yarn featured, just look in our etsy shop (to the right of the page) or contact me and I'll reserve it for you.











Wednesday 18 July 2012

Fibre East -1

This was my first ever show and I think it went pretty well, in spite of the weather, which has been well documented elsewhere.

Mum and I arrived on Friday afternoon and got the stand up in about an hour. I'm glad I already do Farmers' Markets, so I didn't have to think too hard about the display. I meant to have a practice run-through at home before I set off, but of course ran out of time. At that time the field was a little damp underfoot, but the sun was out and we had even had the air conditioning on in the car on the way up!

I'm so glad we didn't even think about camping! Our nearby B&B was delightful and we had such a warm welcome from the owners, complete with tea and cake, when we arrived. It was just us and we had a comfortable suite - ideal for relaxing after a long day on the stall.

Then overnight on Friday it rained! We weren't allowed to drive onto the field in the morning, but luckily, I had put in waterproofs and walking boots before I set off - not really expecting to need them - and we managed to get to our stall reasonably dry-shod. Inside the marquee, we could see that the pathways between the stands were going to get worn and muddy pretty quickly and felt sorry for people who had a stand in a bit of a dip, where water was collecting. Ours was on a very small rise and so had remained dry. Leaflets and labels had absorbed some moisture from the air, but apart from that we were OK. All we needed were customers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment