Welcome.

Welcome to the Willow Knits blog.

I'm Anne and I'll be using this blog to let you know what is happening with Willow Knits during the year.

I'll include which Farmers' Markets and shows I'm going to be at, what I'm working on and general news and events plus a little about myself.

If you want to buy one of the scarves or some of the yarn featured, just look in our etsy shop (to the right of the page) or contact me and I'll reserve it for you.











Thursday 22 March 2012

March Update - 2

Well, last weekend went as expected!

The craft fair at Hertford felt quiet for sales, but when I added up my figures, I had actually done quite well. I gave out lots of leaflets too, so I'm hoping that people will come back next month as well. I've found with my farmers' markets that some times people just check it out one month and then come back the next time to buy. I've signed up for next month too, so let's hope I'm right.

By next month the lifts in the car park should be working too - I couldn't manage to get my trolley load of bags down the stairs, so I took a risk and ran down the ramps with them - luckily I didn't meet any cars coming up!

Wheathampstead was quiet - as I'd expected, so I think I'm going to have to give that one a rest, over the summer at least. I haven't even covered my stall money there this year, which is a shame as it's a pleasant place to go and parking etc. is very easy. Anyway, I'll give it some thought before making a final decision.

I'm at Harpenden this Sunday, which I'm looking forward to. Plus the weather forecast is good - always nice when you're going to be outdoors all morning!

I've been doing some dyeing too - a new batch of my "Seas of Green" colorway and an experiment to try and get a pastel peachy color. This has actually turned out more of a bright cantaloupe orange - so perhaps I made the dye too strong! It's a lovely color, just not what I intended - picture to follow when it's dried.

No comments:

Post a Comment