Welcome.

Welcome to the Willow Knits blog.

I'm Anne and I'll be using this blog to let you know what is happening with Willow Knits during the year.

I'll include which Farmers' Markets and shows I'm going to be at, what I'm working on and general news and events plus a little about myself.

If you want to buy one of the scarves or some of the yarn featured, just look in our etsy shop (to the right of the page) or contact me and I'll reserve it for you.











Friday 13 April 2012

April Update


After a very pleasant quiet Easter at home with my husband and of course, plenty of knitting, I'm getting ready for my first Farmers' Market of the month at Wheathampstead. It's usually rather quiet, but I'm ready to be surprised!



I'm going to be computer-less for a few days next week while my machine is upgraded and tidied up - some thing necessary, but I'm not looking forward to it.



My consignment of yarn from India arrived very quickly (under a week!) and on a brief inspection the quality looks good. I'll have to go through it more thoroughly and also see how it dyes, but all looks well so far.









I'm down to my last few skeins of my previous base and have just been experimenting to try to get colorfast reds and yellows. One colorway (Firebird) is here and I'm going to try the same technique with a "berries" mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment